My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.photoshumi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 17 August 2008

Cactus V2s Wireless flash Trigger

As I posted earlier, I'm awaiting the Vivitar 285HV Flash unit, hopefully it gets here tomorrow (Mon 18th). Even though the the flash will work directly with the Pentax K10D out of the box, the supplied cord allows for the flash to only be mounted on the camera which in my view, limits it's use.

So what I've done on my limited budget is buy a Cactus V2s trigger and receiver set from Gadget Infinity which cost $32.95 including postage and when buying through their ebay store, you get a nifty little flash stand for free. I'm looking forward to playing with all my new toys I bought over the past few weeks (Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, Vivitar 285HV and the Cactus VS2).

The idea of off camera flash to me is a little mind boggling (I'm a Visual Art grad), where radio transmitters, extension cords, PC sync cords all get in the way of getting the job done. But I watched a few YouTube movie tutorials by Photographer Chris Warkocki (codiac2600), also a Pentax Forums member where he talks about the K10D, Cactus V2s triggers and shooting in nightclubs or bars. Watch Part 1 and Part 2 which gives you a good indication how easy and effective off camera flash photography is. Also, check out these videos (1 - 4) with a review of the Cactus VS2.