My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.photoshumi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 11 August 2008

Sun Auto Tele-Zoom 85 - 210mm f/4.8 - Test Shots

Took some test photos today at the Fukuyama Port area with the Sun Auto Tele-Zoom 85 - 210mm f/4.8 lens I recently bought . All the photos below are from the camera with no image adjustments, all shot in RAW.

I wasn't expecting much from this lens quality wise so the results were expected, although some shots turned out ok, especially if I were to tweak them in post like I do to all of my photos. Contrast is pretty decent, although sharpness was lacking in all the photos, especially when blown up. Contrasty shots come curtasy of high colour fringing (chromatic aberation), especially seen in the bird photo at 100% crop.

I didn't get a chance to test the bokeh quality (only seen in the fence photo) or play with the different appertures as it was 35 C° with 60% humidity, so I just wanted to go home and sit in the A/C.

So will I be using this lens? Probably not that often or never as it's just not practical, the image quality isn't there and I'm not much of a large tele shooter. So then you may ask, as my wife already has, why the fuck did you buy it? Well, it was 2,100 yen and I like to spend money on things I won't use.

Here's some shots - All taken with the Pentax K10D. Click for a larger image.


f stop - f/4.8 : focal length - 85mm : ISO - 400 : Shutter Speed - 1/3000


100% crop - slight blurring


f stop - f/4.8 : focal length - 210mm : ISO - 400 : Shutter Speed - 1/500


f stop - f/8 : focal length - 85mm : ISO - 400 : Shutter Speed - 1/4000


f stop - f/8 : focal length - 210mm : ISO - 200 : Shutter Speed - 1/90


f stop - f/4.8 : focal length - 85mm : ISO - 200 : Shutter Speed - 1/180


f stop - f/8 : focal length - 85mm : ISO - 400 : Shutter Speed - 1/750


100% crop - Chromatic Aberration