My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.photoshumi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 27 July 2007

Photographic journey #2 - SLR

After playing around with the Holga for a few months I realized how much fun photography is. It's the present and past in an instant, we can view a fraction of a second for as long as we like. Though the Holga was a lot of fun, it is somewhat basic (for learning about photography) and expensive. 120mm film is about $5-6 for 12 6x6 shots and developing is about $7-8.

Luckily for me I had a friend who didn't use his Minolta Dynax 303si SLR so I borrowed it for a few months. I hadn't used an SLR for many years so it took a little getting used to but no harm can be done by playing around and here are some examples of what I came up with.

Here is my Minolta 303si set on flickr.

Akiyoshi Tree


Tokoji Grave


Akiyoshi gliders


Shimane art


Kosanji


Naomi


Tomonoura View