My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.photoshumi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 4 May 2008

Auto Tamron 35mm 2.8

Here are some photos of the M42 screw mount Auto Tamron 35mm f/2.8 lens I picked up when holidaying in Australia. It cost me $45.00 AUD at Photo Camera House in Adelaide,located in the central markets. After a few sessions with this lens, I must admit that I really like lens. With my M42 lenses, I only have the Takumar's to compare to so it was surprising how much bigger and heavier the Tamron was compared to my Super Takumar 55mm 1.8, nonetheless, it was nice to have some weight for extra support. The cool thing about this lens is that it has the Auto switch, allowing the lens to be used in Av Mode, allowing greater control of the lens.

This type of lens is hard to find info on, but I did find this review of the Auto Tamron 28mm 2.8 on Jayvee Fernandez blog, A Bugged Life.

*UPDATE* - A Pentax Forums member recommended the site Adaptall-2 about the Tamron Adapt-A-Matic lenses which were replaced by the newer Adaptall lenses. Check out some info on the Tamron 35mm f/2.8.