My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.photoshumi.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 15 August 2007

Photographic journey #4 - Lensbaby 2.0

Before getting the K10D, I was playing around with film and especially the Holga and loved the effects that it produced. The one thing with digital is that it looks a little sterile, a little clean and sometimes too much in focus so I always tend to post process the photo to mess it up a little.

The idea of producing Holga / Lomo style effects on a DSLR has been thrown around with different variations, one is from Holga Mods. After doing a search on alternative lenses, I found some references to a small company called Lensbabies. The Lensbaby has three different models, the original, Lensbaby 2.0 and the Lensbaby 3G.

The Lensbaby is a selective focus lens that the user moves around, finds the sweet spot and snaps away, it's fast, easy and fun. The Original Lensbaby glass is uncoated and pretty cheap but the the Lensbaby 2.0 seemed the best solution for me as the glass is multi-coated. The Lensbaby 3G looks pretty cool but it's $120 dearer and I am only a beginner. I also opted for the Macro Kit along with the Lensbaby 2.0 which gives me a few more creative options.


Here are some images from my Lensbaby 2.0 experience. Check out more of my Lensbaby images at my Flickr page.



Lensbaby 2.0 with Macro



Lensbaby 2.0 with Macro




Lensbaby 2.0




Lensbaby 2.0